Holiday Cooking Classes for Mini Chefs (age 10-15 years)
These are special cooking classes for children who like cooking, especially Japanese food! Why don’t you try during the summer holiday?!
- You can choose from 1 to 5 classes during the same week.
- The classes start at 9h30, then finish by 11h30.
- You will take away the meals you cook at the class for your lunch.
- Also these classes can also take place at your home. Please check the condition at the end of the article.
Menu for this class (a meal + a dessert)
- Monday : Gyoza (Pork filled dumpling, cooked the Japanese way) + Sweets made with gyoza wraps
- Tuesday : Yakisoba (Japanese fried noodle) + Taiyaki* (Japanese fish shaped pancake)
- Wednesday : Bento (Packed lunch in a box) + Sesame tuile (crispy sesame bites)
- Thursday : Okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake) + Dorayaki* (sweet Japanese pancake sandwich)
- Friday : Millefeuille Sushi (layered sushi) + Matcha mousse.
*the filling is NOT traditional anko (sweet red bean paste).
The Class Cost
You can from 1 up to 5 classes during same week.
- 1 class : CHF 65 p.p. for one class
- 2 classes : CHF 120 p.p. (each class CHF60)
- 3 classes : CHF 165 p.p. (each class CHF55)
- 4 classes : CHF 200 p.p. (each class CHF50)
- 5 classes : CHF 225 p.p. (each class CHF45)
For Vegetarians and Children with Allergies
For children have any food allergy, the ingredients can be changed. In this case the Matchagreen will select an alternative. Please note, these workshops take place at theMatchGreen which is a private residence. Our kitchen and utensils are also used to prepare food for other courses with a very wide range of ingredients. Whilst we take every care possible, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to discuss them with us.
Classes at Your Place
These classes are available at your place too. The class conditions are;
- Each class at your place stars from 4 children per class.
- It’s available from one class.
- You can choose the morning classes (10h-12h) or the afternoon classes (14h-16h).
- The cost is same as for a class at theMatchaGreen, plus transport from Echandens (in canton Vaud) to your home. The charge is CHF 20 + CHF 1/km, with the distance calculated using the TCS calculator. (ie: class cost + CHF20 + CHF1/km from Echandens)
- 1 week before (3 weeks before for a private group or at your place) : No charge.
- 4-6 working days before (1 week before for a private group or at your place) : 50% of the price
- 3 days before the workshop or less (4-6 working days before for a private group or at your place) : 100% of the price
- Each class starts from a minimum 3 children, if it’s less, the class will be cancelled.
- This is to avoid wasting lots of food. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact theMatchaGreen.