Japanese Home Cooking Class : Autumn/Winter
BATCH COOKING WITH JAPANESE MEALS
I think batch cooking is now a well known cooking principle. Prepare meals in advance, then eat them at other times. We call it Tsukurioki in Japanese. I make meals or prepare the ingredients in bulk at one time, then often use them for other meals later.
I like batch cooking, because it saves time and cost. But I don’t fancy using whole day for cooking, and then eating the same thing all week. I change from one meal to another. It’s already half done, so helps to reduce the cooking time.
In this class I introduce some basic batch cooked dishes (storeable!!), then make some pre-arrange meals with them. I’m sure it will help with your busy life as well as enjoying the food!
Japanese Home Cooking Class : CHF105
BATCH COOKING with JAPANSE MEALS (Tsukurioki)
* We cook the basic dishes first, then make the other meals. In total 6 different meals.
- Gyu soboro (flavoured cooked ground beef)
- Soboro-don (rice ball with guy-soboro)
- Vegetable saute with guy-soboro
- Quick and easy chicken breast meat
- Chicken with yummy ginger spring onion sauce
- Salad with sesame-miso salad dressing
- *Shirataki noodle saute with vegetables
- Low calorie spring roll with shirataki saute
* We will use seasonal vegetables.
* Home made dessert, and Japanese tea are included.