This is a very basic butter cream. You can add your favourite colouring or flavouring to this cream.
Basic Butter Cream for Macaron
- Prep Time
- 200g non salted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 3 egg yolk
- 50g sugar
- 20ml water
- Gently whisk the egg yolks until the colour turns little bit white. Set a side.
- Make sirup. Put the sugar and water into a small pan, then bring to the boil. Pour the sirup little by little into the egg yolk mixture and mix it together. Let to cool down.
- Whisk the softened butter, and make it a pomade consistency.
- Pour the egg mixture into the butter, mix well. If you don't use it immediately, it can be kept in a freezer for about a month.