Matcha mousse cake
- 16cm diameter round cake mould
- Matcha Biscuit : 80g plaine flour
- : 1tbsp matcha powder or green tea powder
- : 3 egg yolks
- : 45g sugar for egg yolk
- : 3 egg white
- : 45g sugar for egg white
- Matcha mousse : 8g gelatine (3-4 leaves)
- : 80ml milk
- : 1 egg yolk
- : 15g sugar for egg yolk
- : 1egg white
- : 20g sugar egg white
- : 140ml cream
- Blueberries to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Take a sheet of greaseproof paper and place the cake pan on it. Draw a 16 cm diameter circle and parallel lines on the paper the same depth as the pan. Prepare a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Sieve the flower and the matcha powder together three times.
- MATCHA BISCUIT : Mix the sugar into the egg yolks and whisk until the colour changes to creamy white, the texture changes and can be made into "ribbons". Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, add a third of the sugar, whisk, then repeat with a second third, then the final third. Continue to whisk until well incorporated and glossy.
- Mix 1/3 of the egg white merengue into the egg yolk and whisk. Change to a spatula, and finish the merengue and egg yolk gently.
- Put the dough into the prepared piping bag. Pipe ovals of 4cm between the parallel lines on the cooking sheet. Pipe or spread the remaining mixture into the 16cm diameter circle on the cooking sheet. Sprinkle powder sugar over them. Bake in the preheated oven 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place the cake pan on it. Trim the bottom side of the ladyfingers to make up them all exactly the same length. Line them up tightly against the inner sides of the cake pan, sugared side out. Trim the baked base to fit and place inside the lined-up ladyfingers.
- MATCHA MOUSSE : put the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to soften. Beat the cream until soft peaks start to form, then refrigerate.
- Put matcha powder into a small bowl and add a pinch of sugar, mix well. Heat the milk in the small pan, remove from the heat. Put 1tbsp of the hot milk into the matcha powder little by little, mix well and then add to the rest of the milk. Heat the matcha milk again and add the softened gelatine, stir until it has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg yolk with sugar until it makes ribbons, then add the matcha gelatine milk. Add the milk into the egg yolk little by little, and mix well. When it has cooled, mix with the whipped cream, first one half then the rest.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, add the sugar in thirds and continue to whisk until well incorporated and glossy. Add 1/3 of an egg white into the matcha egg yolk mixture and whisk. Change to a spatula, add the rest of the egg white one third at a time. Mix gently.
- Spoon into the ladyfinger-lined cake pan, leaving a little gap at the top for the cream and blueberries. Refrigerate 2 hours minimum. Decorate with whipped cream and blueberries before serving if you like. Sift powder sugar on the edge of the cake.
1:30 pm Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku...
Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku...
Feb 23 @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku-Mochi & Dorayaki Cooking Class Details Sign up for the class / S’inscrire de la cours 2.23.2019 (Sat/sa) 13h30 : en français / in French 17.03.2019 (Sun/di) 13h30 at Marutcha[...]
2:00 pm Holiday Class for Parent & Child...
Holiday Class for Parent & Child...
Feb 28 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Details : Child & Parent Making Sushi Class Sign up for workshop / Inscription à l’atelier CHF129 for a group of 1 adult and 1 child (CHF49 per additional child and CHF69 per additional adult)[...]
10:00 am Holiday Sushi Class for Parent &...
Holiday Sushi Class for Parent &...
Mar 1 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Details : Holiday Children Sushi Course Sign up for class / Inscription à la cours CHF129 for a group of 1 adult and 1 child (CHF49 per additional child and CHF69 per additional adult) *Please[...]
6:30 pm Sushi Making Class – the Basics ...
Sushi Making Class – the Basics ...
Mar 13 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Sushi making class : Basic (evening / soir) *** 14.02.2019 (Thu/je) : 18h30: 09.03.2019 (Sat/sa) : 10:30 13.03.2019 (Wed/je) : 18h30 (en français) >>> Cooking class details >>> Sign up for workshop / Inscription à l’atelier ***[...]