How could I translate “Aburi / 炙り:あぶり”? It’s a technique which only cooks the surface using a kitchen blowtorch. Oh yes, that’s a technique for the famous French dessert “Crème brulèe”.
Lightly Flamed Salmon Tartar Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 100g Fresh salmon (or smoked)
- 1/4 Yellow pepper
- 1/4 Red pepper
- 1/4 Courgette
- 1 slice Lemon
- Herbs such as Chive, Dill, Thyme etc...
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp White wine or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- White pepper
- Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sour cream (hard type crème fresh)
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon, salt, sugar, mustard and pepper to make the salad dressing. It's better to make the day before, if you can.
- Cut salmon into cubes, then spread on a plate. Slightly flame the surface with a kitchen blowtorch. Place in the refrigerator.
- Cut all the vegetables (courgette, yellow and red peppers) into same size cubes as the salmon. Spread on a plate, Slightly flame the surface.
- Mix the salmon and all the vegetables with the dressing in a bowl. Dress on a plate, and put a touch of sour cream on top. Decorate with herbs. Put a drop of soy sauce in the bowl which was used to mix the salmon and vegetables, and pour the sauce around the salad as a finishing touch. (Add a bit of olive oil, if it's necessary).
1:30 pm Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku...
Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku...
Feb 23 @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Japanese Confectionery : Daifuku-Mochi & Dorayaki Cooking Class Details Sign up for the class / S’inscrire de la cours 2.23.2019 (Sat/sa) 13h30 : en français / in French 17.03.2019 (Sun/di) 13h30 at Marutcha[...]
2:00 pm Holiday Class for Parent & Child...
Holiday Class for Parent & Child...
Feb 28 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Details : Child & Parent Making Sushi Class Sign up for workshop / Inscription à l’atelier CHF129 for a group of 1 adult and 1 child (CHF49 per additional child and CHF69 per additional adult)[...]
10:00 am Holiday Sushi Class for Parent &...
Holiday Sushi Class for Parent &...
Mar 1 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Details : Holiday Children Sushi Course Sign up for class / Inscription à la cours CHF129 for a group of 1 adult and 1 child (CHF49 per additional child and CHF69 per additional adult) *Please[...]
6:30 pm Sushi Making Class – the Basics ...
Sushi Making Class – the Basics ...
Mar 13 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Sushi making class : Basic (evening / soir) *** 14.02.2019 (Thu/je) : 18h30: 09.03.2019 (Sat/sa) : 10:30 13.03.2019 (Wed/je) : 18h30 (en français) >>> Cooking class details >>> Sign up for workshop / Inscription à l’atelier ***[...]